What is Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy – also called cold therapy – has been used for many years to treat the after affects of soft tissue musculoskeletal injury. If you’ve ever twisted your ankle, or had to post-op rehabilitation for a knee ligament repair, you may have been advised to follow the RICE (Rest-Ice-Commpression-Elevation) regimen.
Traditional application methods typically use of an ice bucket, ice bag, ice cup.
These methods are inconvenient, messy, irritating and hard to stick with over time. And when you don’t stay with the regimen of cryotherapy and compression, you recover more slowly from your injury.
Fortunately, technology has greatly improved cryotherapy systems to deliver more therapeutic, health, performance, beauty benefits and therefore speed your healing and return to a more active lifestyle.
What is Whole Body Cryotherapy
Whole Body Cryotherapy(WBC) is an innovative treatment where the whole body is exposed to temperatures from negative -140 to -180*C for three minutes only to gain multiple health, fitness, weight loss, and beauty benefits.
Benefits of Cryotherapy
In addition to the convenience of cryotherapy, research suggests using this modality can benefit sport recovery and performance, cosmetic desires, mental health and stress management, and weight loss. Learn more:
Sport Recovery & Performance:
- Improve recovery time
- Decreases muscle spasms
- Enhanced lymphatic drainage, key to better healing
- Increase blood flow and oxygen to injury site, speeding recovery of injured tissues
- Increase energy levels and stamina
- Increase testosterone in men
- Reduce inflammation through the body
- Relieves pain in joints and muscles
- improves effectiveness of physiotherapy
- Quicker recovery from intense workouts or physical activity, eliminating down time while sore tissues rebound
Mental Health & Stress Management:
- Improves mood and experience of well being
- Reduces stress levels
- Decreases anxiety
- Benefits seen in sleeping disorders
- Proposed treatment for Alzheimer’s prevention
- Reduces Signs of aging
- Increases collagen production
- Improves skin conditions
- Improves condition of hair and nails
- Increases metabolism
- Reduces cellulite
- Reduces hair loss
- Burns 600-800 Calories Per 2-3 minute session
- 800 Calories is equal to an 18 mile bike ride
- Activates thermogenesis and speed metabolism
- Increases blood circulation, mood and energy
- Reduces cellulite and enhanced muscle tone
- Sub zero temperatures tightens and firms skin